Being at the gym before the crack of dawn three days a week really affords you the chance to get to know the other "regulars." It's not like there are a TON of people sweatin' to the oldies at 6am. I now recognize everyone by sight (I have no idea what any of their names are) and have given them all nicknames in my head. They are as follows:
- "The Sweaty Guy"-so named because of the excessive amount of sweat-spray that surrounds his eliptical machine by the time he is done. I have also seen him wipe down his arm pits with the sweat towel...that made me gag
- "The Grunter"-pretty self-explanatory (just to clarify, this is on the eliptical machine, not weights...which I find hilarious)
- "The Reader"-In case you are wondering, no that isn't me. It's the lady who always reads a magazine while on her eliptical. I don't roll like that, reading on the eliptical=motion sickness.
- "The Overachiever"-the girl who goes hell for leather on the eliptical and then, because that isn't enough, runs on the treadmill
- "The Preggo"-pregnant lady who I totally give props to for even thinking about working out while being seriously at least 7 months along
- "The Athlete"-girl who does all weights, and is darn buff. I am pretty sure she is a student athlete...I should figure out for what
- "The Beast"-so named because of his propensity to almost peg-out the weight machines he is on. For reals, the dude was doing the arm press set at 205 pounds! WT_?!
- "The Cute Dude with Improper Shoes"-cute guy, lifts weights in work-boots
- "The Buff Old Guy"-also pretty self-explanatory