Thursday, January 19, 2012

Freaking Technology


Ok, so, apparently iPhones can be hacked.  Through the freakin' iCloud...maybe I should have realized this possibility before, but I have been living in the land of "My iPhone is cooler then YOU" for a long time now.  It still is, but...

Hacking happened to me today.

First it sent a "hey sexy" text to my Mom.  Frankly, I thought that was funny, but it freaked me out a little because I had not sent that text and I didn't purse-text with autocorrect (you know that crap happens) because at 11:46am when the text was sent I was sitting in a dark room where there is NO service, at a microscope, reading slides. 

So I tell my friend at work, we have a good laugh about it...it's funny, but not harmful.  Good thing my Mom has a good sense of humor.  When I told her I didn't send that she was like, "yeah, right...hahahaha."  That goes to show what kind of humor we both have I guess.  LOL 

Then I got this awful feeling...what if that wasn't the only person "my phone" texted?  So I looked back through text history (because I didn't have any new text alerts) and lo and behold...one of my really good friends was also texted.  "I" requested a picture from her, and when she was like "why are you crazy? I'm seeing you in a week for dinner." the hacker responded "fine, cancel dinner then."  Well, there was stuff in between, but thankfully no profanity.  Then I get a Facebook message from her telling me that she thinks my phone was stolen because she is getting these weird texts with really poor grammar from "me" and she knows it can't be me.  Bless her little heart, she knew it wasn't me because of poor grammar.  You know someone knows you when...LOL

I have now turned off iMessages (which is texting between iPhones that apparently goes through the cloud, and I will be turning off iCloud syncing), so there.  Take that advanced iPhone mechanics.

I think the Cylons are trying to take over...

No comments:

Post a Comment