Thursday, February 9, 2012

Winning With a Sprained Finger


A couple of weeks ago I was swimming and went to grab the lip of the pool at the end of a lap and slipped off.  Yes, that's just how I roll.  In the process I tweaked my finger.  It would get better and then hurt, and then get better again.  I thought I was just re-spraining it.  

Yesterday it started looking all sad and swollen again and developed at nice lump on the left side of my knuckle.  My friend at work thought I had dislocated it and convinced me I needed to see the doctor.  Awesome in a can.

I get in to the doctor and at first she thinks it may be a dislocation because it looks like it has "torque" (never a word you want to hear in reference to your bones) and sent me down to X-ray.  She then reviews my X-rays and says it looks like I have a bad bone bruise (a lot of blood) and it may be cracked.  But the radiologist would review it too.

So I have to wear a splint for 2 weeks.  Fine, I've been splinted before.  Then they bring out this splint with prongs on it and proceed in using half a roll of tape to bind it.  By the time the nurse is done my finger looks like the back of a stegosaurus.  


Awkward.

I just got the radiologist review.  No fracture.  So it's just badly sprained and bruised (so I was right all along!).  But I still have to wear the splint for 2 weeks!!!!!!  Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment