Tuesday, March 29, 2011

And Ye Shall Know It's a Co-Op By The Smell of Patchouli



Don't get me wrong, I love a good Co-Op.  Who doesn't like the smell of patchouli and unwashed hippies?  I mean, come on!  It's like a Whole Earth Festival with a better cheese selection. 

Being from California, I always kinda assumed we had the mother-load of hippies along with all the hard-core Co-Ops.  I was wrong. 

I am visiting friends in Boise, Idaho right now and we went to the Boise Co-Op where it suddenly occurred to me that...now this is deep...a Co-Op is a Co-Op, no matter where you go. 

It's like Wal-Mart, go into anyone, anywhere and you will find hicks and dirt cheap stuff.  Go into a Co-Op anywhere and you will find hippies...and well, dirt.  And fruit like this:

This may look like a mutated artichoke on the outside, but it's a fruit from the Andes called a "cherimoya."  Where on earth would you ever find something like this besides at a Co-Op?  The Andes.  That's it. 

Co-Ops: making the world a more diverse place one weird fruit and tub of fertilizer worms at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment